Nature Society (Singapore) Nature Forum

NSS - Watching the Wild, Watching over the Wild...   

Butterfly Trail at Orchard

aka BTO

Moderators: anuj_o, simon chan

Butterfly Trail at Orchard

Postby iONE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:29 am

Hi everyone. I am representing iONE, a group of student teachers from NIE, and we are working together with NSS on the upcoming Butterfly Trail at Orchard. We have created a facebook page at the following URL. Do visit the page and lend us your support by "liking" the page.

http://tinyurl.com/2d5sqzs

PS: The pictures in the page have been taken with permission from the BIG webpage. If you find anything inappropriate, please leave a reply here, instead of commenting negatively on the FB page.

Thank you very much. :thumbsup:
iONE

Re: Butterfly Trail at Orchard

Postby richardlbong » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:41 am

It is great that you have create an awareness for this project, but not quite appropriate to add in so many caterpillars photos as quite a few of these are only found in the forested areas here. Best to include those butterflies that can or were seen there during the BIG survey of those 'hot spots'. You can always get in touch with Simon or Gan regardings the species seen there.
Richard
richardlbong

Postby green baron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 am

iOne,
Thanks for creating the facebook page and helping to promote this initiative. Richard is correct on the cat photos. However, since they have been posted, let's just leave them there. They will server to show the varied colors and shapes of the caterpillars which can be found in Singapore.
green baron

Postby kctsang » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:10 am

Hi,

when will this trail be officially opened ???

Thanks

:D :D :D
kctsang

Postby green baron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 am

Sometime next year. Exact schedule is still being finalized
green baron

Postby green baron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 am

richardlbong wrote:It is great that you have create an awareness for this project, but not quite appropriate to add in so many caterpillars photos as quite a few of these are only found in the forested areas here. Best to include those butterflies that can or were seen there during the BIG survey of those 'hot spots'. You can always get in touch with Simon or Gan regardings the species seen there.
Richard

I just took a look at the butterfly photos. I agree with Richard, you should feature only species which we plan to attract or currently exists along the trail. I will email you the species we plan to attract.
green baron

Postby iONE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks everyone for the feedbacks. I will work on the page again. Hope this FB page can help bring awareness about the beautiful insects and of course, to the BUtterfly Trail.

;)
iONE

Return to Butterfly Trail @ Orchard